Hit the North
We are looking for all types of fiction and narrative non-fiction.
Please note we do not represent academic writing, poetry, self-help, picture books or screenplays.
We do not accept submissions by post. To email us your work please hit SUBMIT at the foot of the page.
You should then:-
- Type the name of your preferred agent in the Subject line (see Our Friends in the North).
- In the body of your email, write a brief covering letter, introducing yourself and your work.
- For fiction, please attach a document containing: a synopsis – of fewer than 400 words – plus the first 15,000 words of your novel.
For non-fiction, please attach a proposal – with an overview of the book and a sample of your writing (again up to 15,000 words).
Please use Word files (.doc, .docx).
- Once you’ve sent the email, you’ll receive an acknowledgement letting you know we’ve received your submission safely.
- Then sit back, have a cuppa and dream of literary stardom – but please be aware, we receive hundreds of submissions each year and only take on a handful of new clients.